12.25.2009

suspicious minds

my father used to play this song (originally done by Elvis Presley) covered by the Fine Young Cannibals in the mid 80s. my little sister and i used to run around the house, dance and sing every word at the top of our lungs for hours it seemed. this is one of the cute memories that actually does come back to me when i think of my past.

im in east hartford for christmas and every time i visit (which is next to never) something about the concept of home and my past hits me. the other night i visited a really good friend of my sisters who has such a strong heart and concious. as we were leaving, she told us to put it ion the radio station that we were listening to all night.

and these lyrics just hit me so hard - thank you ELVIS.

We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much baby

Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds

So, if an old friend I know
Drops by to say hello
Would I still see suspicion in your eyes?

Here we go again
Asking where I've been
You can't see these tears are real
I'm crying

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds
And be can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds

Oh let our love survive
Or dry the tears from your eyes
Let's don't let a good thing die


When honey, you know
I've never lied to you
Mmm yeah, yeah

actions will have to speak louder than words - and both of us need time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment